We moved the PTB systems platform to Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V.. It's great.. Some great improvements in the product. Recommended!
Whilst on-site backups may offer the ability to archive huge amounts of data, automated off-site backups offer additional benefits. Having an automated system, which takes a copy of your critical, live data each day and places it in a secure off-site location gives you the comfort and security of knowing that should the worst disaster occur then your business data is readily available.
Losing valuable customer data, intellectual property or even the ability to know who owes you outstanding payments often proves too much of a loss for businesses when a disaster occurs.
Off-site backups take out the human element of having to change tape or hard disk each day. What happens when the IT administrator goes on holiday? Where is that tape or disk held when it is removed from site, in an employee’s bag, the back seat of the car or worse still left on a train seat.
Our off-site backup system has advantages over other “cloud based” backup solutions as it keeps a copy of your data securely in our secure data centre here in Nottingham, not some remote server in the Balkans. This is so important; you should know exactly where your data is especially if legal requirements dictate that your data must be kept within the UK.
Should a disaster occur we can quickly provide you with remote access to your data or provide you with a replacement server or drive with your data upon reloaded. You should not have to wait around for hours whilst your data is recovered from an unknown remote server.
Out agent based backup system provides the following features;
- Fast, efficient, full-featured backup, restore and synchronization solution
- Easy to configure and maintain
- Apply a single backup task to all your File, Exchange and SQL Servers
- Access to a web based portal for administration
- Effortless fast restore function allows selective retrieval of individual files, folders, directories, full or individual backups with the ability to restore file to alternative location
- Daily activity email reports showing number of tasks/successes/failures
- Extremely Secure – AES 256bit compression and encryption